- Industrial Chair, Program Committee, MESH 2009, IARIA, Athens, Greece, June 2009
- Program Committee, First International Workshop on Wireless Broadband Access for Communities and Rural Developing Regions - WIRELESS4D '08, December 11-12, 2008, Karlstad University, Sweden
- Chair, Program Committee, MESH 2008, IARIA, Cap Esterel, France, August 2008
- Invited presenter and expert panel member at Interop 2007, “Wireless mesh networks: Performance implications for WLANs”, New York, October 2007
- Invited presenter and expert panel member at Pulvermedia Fixed Mobile Convergence Conference, “QoS in 802.11 Networks”, Chicago, IL, September 5-7, 2007
- Keynote Address, “VoIP over WLAN: Challenges Met”, Wi-Fi Voice Conference 2005, Upper Side, Paris, France, May, 2005
- Organized Session "Resource Allocation in Wireless Communications Systems", for the INFORMS 2000 Meeting on Telecommunications, at Boca Raton, Fl, March 2000
- Organized Session "Resource Allocation in Wireless Communications Systems", for the INFORMS '98 Meeting on Telecommunications, at Boca Raton, Fl, March 1998.
- Presentation, “ 'Express Forwarding': A Distributed QoS MAC Protocol for Wireless Mesh”, MESH 2008, IARIA, Cap Esterel, France, August 2008; Document (pdf)
- Presentation with Vikram Dham, “VoIP Call Capacity of a 802.11 Wireless LAN Using EDCF Access”, Wi-Fi Voice Conference 2004, Upper Side, Paris, France,May, 2004
- Presentation "Mixed Power Control with Directed Assignment (MPCDA), a Method for Interference Reduction in Channelized Fixed Wireless Systems", INFORMS '98 Meeting on Telecommunications, at Boca Raton, Fl, March 1998.
- Presentation "Solution of the Non-regular Channel Assignment Problem in Wireless Communications Systems through Generalized Linear Programming", EURO INFORMS XXXIV Joint International Conference in Barcelona, Spain, July 1997.
- Presentation "Optimal Channel Assignment in Cellular Systems," Joint International TIMS/SOBRAPO Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 1991.
- Presentation "A model for international private network design," TIMS/ORSA Meeting, St. Louis, Oct 1987.
- Invited presentation "On the allocation of fixed costs," Mathematical Programming Conference, Boston, August 1985.
Selected Contributions to IEEE 802.11 Standards
- “Can RTS/CTS remedy problems caused by single-channel wireless meshes?” Doc IEEE 802.11-08-0075r0, March 2008, https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/file/08/11-08-0292-00-0wng-can-rts-cts-remedy-problems-caused-by-single-channel-wireless-meshes.ppt
- “Coexistence issues for single-channel wireless mesh”, Doc IEEE 802.11-08-0075r0, January 2008, https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/file/08/11-08-0075-00-0000-coexistence-issues-for-single-channel-wireless-mesh.ppt
- with K. Sinkar, “Performance Evaluation of ‘Express Forwarding’ for a Single-Channel Mesh”, Doc IEEE 802.11-07-2454, September 2007, https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/file/07/11-07-2454-01-000s-performance-evaluation-of-express-forwarding-for-a-single-channel-mesh.ppt
- “‘Express’ Forwarding for single-channel wireless mesh” Doc IEEE 802.11-07-2352r0, September 2007, https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/file/07/11-07-2452-02-000s-express-forwarding-for-single-channel-wireless-mesh.ppt
- “Proposed Multi-Purpose 802.11 MAC Extensions”, Doc IEEE 802.11-06-632r1, May 2006
- “Description of the CCC MMAC protocol”, Doc IEEE 802.11-05-666r1, June 20057
- “Proposed Normative Text for Simplified APSD”, Doc IEEE 802.11-03/107, January 2003
- “Self-Configurable Wireless LAN Systems”, Doc IEEE 802.11-02/211, March 2002
- “An Enhanced-DCF Proposal Based on ‘Tiered Contention’ Multiple Access (TCMA)”, Doc IEEE 802.11 00/457, October 2000